The computerized transmission of my Hyundai Xcent isn’t really working and is determined to be an ECM challenge.
GTO not long ago shared this with other enthusiasts.
Saw a entertaining discussion on Jalopnik recently and imagined it will be a good browse here.
- 2012 Nissan Sunny @ 61000 km: Key problem is it isn’t going to start out on the very first crank. Involves a L-O-N-G crank if it is effective at all. However, change it off, then restart, and the engine fires up quickly. Weird. It’s the beater so I really don’t get modest stuff preset until finally the yearly services visit. As extended as the beater runs, that’s plenty of for me. Will repair at following service stop by.
- 2021 Skoda Outstanding @ 6000 km: Nothing at all. All the things is excellent.
- 1997 Mahindra Classic @ 200,000 km: Wipers are functioning too gradual (like crawling across the windscreen), the famed Jeep demise wobble has returned (wild steering movement at speed), passenger seatbelt damaged. Will deal with in June-July (open up Jeep so confined usage in monsoon anyway).
- 2013 BMW 530d @ 50,000 km: Almost nothing. 9 years up and top rated-class reliability + create.
This is what BHPian Dhruv29 experienced to say on the make a difference:
- Lexus ES300h: In the store considering the fact that 1 month due to several MID problems/not starting up on very first attempt intermittently. Waiting around for wiring harness from Japan.
- VW Tiguan Allspace: DSG/Drivetrain fault. Switching gearboxes like once-a-year oil improve. Ready for 3rd gearbox to arrive from Germany.
Here’s what BHPian Sanidhya mukund experienced to say on the make any difference:
Mercedes C-class. (8 several years, 27k on the odo)
- Abdominal muscles sensor failed
- Tyres because of for substitution
- Motor mounts are worn out
- Demands a new battery
- Spark plugs want to be changed
- Wiper blades need to have to be replaced
- Front bumper requirements to be repainted
- Desires new Car Transmission fluid
Ford Ikon: (22 yrs, 70k on the odo):
- Radiator requirements to be serviced
- AC cooling coil is leaking
- Front strut mounts worn out
- Battery is 5 yrs aged now
- Instrument cluster bulb fused
Maruti Esteem: (27 years, 21k on the odo):
- Rear brake footwear
- Wheel bearings
- Strut mounts worn out
- Slight leak from the exhaust
- Demands new spark plugs
- Door pads need to have new trim
Maruti Omni: (6 decades, 2 lakh on the odo):
- It is staying (ab)utilised like a common van. All parts other than the horn make sound.
Tata Estate: (29 yrs, 85k on the odo):
- Engine seized
- Suspension absent absolutely
- Wires and interiors chewed by rats
- Tyres, brakes, bearings, bushes, bellows and pipes, all require to be replaced
- The overall system has been eaten by rust
2021 Maruti Ertiga: (7 months, 12k on the odo):
- Bonnet launch lever damaged
- Front passenger aspect inside of door take care of broken
- Accidental harm on the front doorway and fender
The Merc and Ertiga are now at their respective workshops having mounted. Once they are again, the Ikon and Esteem will be sorted and the Omni will go in for an overhaul. The Tata Estate will most likely have to wait a different calendar year.
Here’s what BHPian Insane dRiVeR had to say on the make a difference:
2014 Hyundai Xcent – 30k km completed – What is presently not working – properly, vehicle has been at Hyundai licensed services for 44 days now! So the whole motor vehicle!
Going into the facts – the meant-to-be-reputable TC automatic transmission is just not performing and discovered to be an ECM issue. Catcon is not doing work mainly because it crumbled up within like cookies.
Preceding important concerns include things like a broken crankshaft assembly bolt that resulted in the whole belt assembly slipping off from the motor vehicle, a pair of Stomach muscles sensors long gone improper, a/c that hardly will work in the summertime and so forth.
2022 Jeep Compass – 4k km finished – Way too new to remark.
2012 Fiat Punto (offered previous month) – 207k km done – What was not working at the time of sale? The stock ICE (Microsoft Blue&Me) gave up lengthy again and had to be upgraded. Boot struts experienced dropped tension and could not keep the boot up in spot when opened – couldn’t improve it ahead of the sale. All the things else was almost regime and changed as per the age and use of the automobile.
Here is what BHPian vishy76 had to say on the matter:
2012 Chevrolet Spark
Odometer: 20,200 km
- Directional controls for the air conditioning really don’t operate. The cable that connects the knob to the HVAC console which in switch controls a slider that modifications the movement of air from face to toes to windshield and so on. has snapped. Have not bothered correcting it. Chevrolet sells the entire console for 5500.
- Headlamp wiring harness (relay kit I set up) has melted connectors due to sub-par excellent. Have to have to adjust it ASAP.
- Headlamp stalk has a strange problem wherever both equally the small and significant beams are inclined to occur on thanks to a brief in the switch when you nudge it really lightly.
- Gear selector lever has play owing to worn selector cables. Can be remedied for 1500 bucks.
- Gas Pump is a little weak. As a result, if the gas level drops to 5-6L or reduced, the car has a inclination to jerk below full throttle or is in some cases hesitant to commence.
- All in all, not lousy for a car or truck that is nearing the 10 year mark. Electrical concerns have been much more widespread than mechanical types.
2014 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
Odometer: 97,800 km
- Rear AC vents are damaged. You cannot make out visually, but the louvres that are utilised to adjust the course of air flow have snapped from the vents and come no cost due to the fact someone kicked them most most likely
- The armrest tends to creak when extended all the way forward. Recognized problem.
- No other troubles. Most have been remedied by me. I will be changing the clutch grasp cylinder as proactive maintenance in the subsequent month.
2017 Renault Kwid
Odometer: 52,500 Km
- Front suspension wants an overhaul. Management arms, ARB bushes, connection rods and I assume even the dampers are shot.
- Tappet include has a really small oil leak, which will cause oil to seep onto the scorching exhaust shield and burn up.
- Remote important has a damaged unlock button. Will need to unlock the motor vehicle manually utilizing the mechanical blade.
- Blower motor has been building sounds on and off.
- AMT gearbox clutch has reached the close of its existence. Jerks although downshifting and allowing off from a standstill.
I am in no temper to keep the Kwid at all. It will most in all probability be bought off by next thirty day period or the thirty day period after. Will be replaced by an Ignis Delta AMT in all chance.
Look at out BHPian remarks for a lot more insights and info